Saturday, November 6, 2010

Running is an investment in our health...yeah, that's right...

Phew! We just got home from Fleet Feet Sports in Schererville, and I will not talk about how much money we just spent on running gear...Steve got new shoes (which he needed so badly!) and a pair of gloves, and I got a new sports bra (which I needed so badly!) and a long sleeved shirt & gloves. We definitely need to look at this as an investment in our health and future, because invest we did! But I'm so excited to run tomorrow, and it's mostly because I can't wait to see how Steve's shins do with better shoes!! He's going to be feeling so much better I think. Maybe one day I'll be able to get some shoes...but for now the ones I have are perfectly fine. They're very new still, since I just bought them for the Avon Walk in June and didn't really do much with them since then until we started training 6 weeks ago. Even though they're walking shoes, I haven't had the least bit of pain or discomfort. Maybe for Christmas... :)

On the weight loss side of things, I got measured for my new sports bra & and I'm a 34 D! Who knew?? A while back I was told I was a 36 DD, which was probably true at the time, but having lost 20 pounds things have certainly changed. But Lordy, it's hard finding bras in that size...they assume that just because you're a bigger cup size you are also bigger around...so to match a 34 with a D can be tough. But what a problem to have! :)

Steve is making hungarian goulash tonight...it's simmering away in the kitchen right now & it smells yummy! We're pairing it with either whole grain pasta or brown rice...think I'll do the rice myself. Yay for getting in shape and eating yummy healthy things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment