Sunday, November 14, 2010

BIG dreams!

So, on Saturday we ran 7 intervals of 5 minutes each. Steve did so great!! He decided to skip the last 3 walk breaks...so he ran for 18 minutes straight. I followed suit for the last 2 walk breaks, so for me it was 12 straight. It was raining the entire time, and by the time we got home we were drenched through every layer of clothes! Not to mention the several times I stepped right into puddles, so my feet were squishing in my shoes. But it was still wonderful! We ran the equivalent of more than a 5k, only with a few walk breaks...so now we know we can do it!

We are both so proud & envious of our friends who ran a half marathon the same day in Valpo. Next year we will be there too!! But we have a LONG way to go before then. We just got home from driving a 10k route around town (6.2 miles), and that's really far...and a half marathon is over twice that distance. So we're dreaming really big right now. But that's good...it's our motivation to keep going & to keep pushing & to stay committed.

We decided to host our family Thanksgiving this year & I'm SOOO excited about it! I think it'll be a really fun time and I'm excited for Uncle Tom and Aunt Jayne and the boys to see our house & meet the puppies. Steve's making 3 different types of stuffing, and I'm making green bean casserole and an eclair dessert...not to mention a bunch of appetizers, most of which are not Thanksgiving-y at all LOL (nacho cheese dip & hot seafood dip, for example!) It's gonna be awesome!

Well....back to work. One of my professors has asked me if she can put an activity I designed on the website to share with the other TAs, so I have to format an instruction sheet for it. How exciting! (no, seriously!) Steve calls me the Marco Rubio of the French department...he's an up-and-coming Republican politician. Grampa would be proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment