Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Building up, slowly but surely!

None of these fonts are girly enough for me right now ;) 

Gosh it feels good to get in shape! Today we ran 5 intervals of 5 min running/1 min walking. I love discovering new things together, like how your legs feel really heavy at the beginning of the run but they get lighter as you go.  We're starting to get to the point where we doubt the necessity of the 1 minute of walking in between intervals, because it seems like it would be easier to just keep the momentum going. But it's easy to see how the schedule builds you up gradually to running it all without stopping...and that means it's important now to take the breaks & let the schedule work to build our endurance. It's pretty ingenious.

I had a sleepover at Gramma's house last night, that was fun :)  I went there for supper when I got done with school for the day and we got to visit for a couple hours before I had my first rehearsal for Illumination, which is the ensemble I'm singing in with the LaPorte County Symphony Orchestra, from 8-10.  It was really great to see some familiar faces from back when I took voice lessons & to get to sing in an ensemble again. I'm excited about the concert! Then I went back to Gramma's and we chatted a little bit, but it wasn't long before I was yawning so we hit the hay.

School's going pretty well...I'm finally caught up on all my grading, which is a relief. Of course, now they're taking a test Friday so there goes not having any grading to do! I'm doing really well in my 3 classes...pretty sure I have As in all of them. The best part is that the finals for each of them are projects that I turn in or present the last week of class. So the only thing I have to do finals week is give the final to my 202 classes & finish grading.

Our anniversary is going to be a short but sweet affair this year. The night before it I have my LCSO concert & the day after Steve has his final exam for his tax prep class. Oh well!  We're still going to head into the city & have an expensive dinner at a steakhouse....haven't decided which one yet, though.

Back to work!  This Saturday, we're running 7 intervals of 5 minutes each. That means 35 minutes of running, which is about how long it should take us at the end of this to run a whole 5k!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....oh wait! We already picked out a training schedule for a 10k to start as soon as we get to the 5k level :) :) Man are we crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment