Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fingers crossed!!

Well, I'm placing my trust in Internet information! Lol. I am 95% positive the issue with my knee was coming from the iliotibial band, which is a big band of fibers that runs from your butt down the outside of your thigh & attaches just below the knee to the tibia.  The symptoms described were mine to a T: pain on the outside of the knee, especially when going up & down stairs. Anyway, we decided to push our runs this week to Wed Fri Sun to give my knee a few days off to heal. In the meantime I've also been learning stretching & strengthening exercisese to prevent that from happening again. So...fingers crossed that solves the problem!  I have no pain at all anymore & I've been doing the stretching. I'm also going to improve our warmup before we run.  Up to now we've just been walking a couple blocks to a certain point & then starting to run...I'm going to start doing a good little stretching & calisthenics-type warmup before we leave the house so my legs are more ready to go. Then I'm going to stretch really well when we get home. No more half-assing the non-running stuff!

So tomorrow we run 10 minutes straight...shouldn't be bad as long as my knee behaves. Gotta fit the workout in amidst a flurry of house cleaning to prepare for Thanksgiving! I am so excited to have my family over!! It's going to be a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment