Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And our running success continues!!

w00t! We just got back from a 25-minute session...we ran 2 minutes at a time, then walked 1, and repeated that 8 times. And at the end, we pushed ourselves to run 3 minutes. We're doing great! We get tired and we start to get winded, but nothing unbearable, and we recover quickly during our 1 minutes breaks. I'm constantly amazed by how well the schedule works to build your endurance so that what seemed impossible the week before becomes almost easy once you get to it. 

I've been reading that one of the most important things in running is to eat something within an hour of your run in order to help your body recover and to replace the glycogen your body used, so I've been making sure to have a little carb/protein balanced snack when we get back. Now, I'm making sure not to eat too much, because let's be honest...I was only running for 17 minutes off and on. So I'd put on weight if I pigged out when I got home, lol.

I can't wait to get my first issue of Runner's World! It will facilitate my obsession :)

No comments:

Post a Comment