Friday, December 17, 2010

New Year, Better Knee?

Let's hope so anyway. Today it's been over 2 weeks since I ran...I ran one more time after my last post. We did 7-minute intervals times 6...but I only did 3 and 1/2 of those intervals, if I remember correctly. Steve on the other hand, did all of it and then some without many breaks.  He then proceeded to run on his own & do 4 miles, then 6 miles...without any walking whatsoever.

Then the snow descended upon us! So Steve hasn't run for 2 weeks either. The timing worked out pretty well since I was just nearing the crazy end of the semester, in addition to my holiday concert with Illumination. Now that things are winding down, I created a cross-training plan for now to strengthen my everything and keep me in shape. Once it's decent enough to run again, we'll have quite a setback but hopefully I'll still have maintained some semblance of fitness.  I'm alternating days of arms, legs & yoga/abs...once I add running back in, it'll go on the same days as yoga/abs, because that doesn't work the legs too much.

I'm just desperately clinging to the hope that once I get back to running my knee will be stronger and looser and I won't have pain. If I do, I guess I'll just have to become a yoga addict lol. But seriously, nothing was as inspiring and as exciting as the thought of running in races & running farther every week & just being in such great shape. That is my goal & I will do whatever it takes to get my knee to the place it needs to be to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment